Lately my life has been filled to the brim with COLOUR. All colours, all intensities, everywhere I look i'm seeing colours.
The more colours I see when I'm out for a walk, the more energized I feel.
The more colours in I include in my meals, the better I feel.
The more colours I wear, surround myself in & place around me, the more balanced my days are.
Have you ever noticed that at different times in your life you are drawn to certain colours? I sure have - I definitely go through colour phases.
So, this got me thinking about all the different articles, books & charts I've read about the healing effects of each colour. I find it super interesting :)
MM: Colour Therapy
Please find below some point form information about some of the mental & emotional states & feelings the colours are associated with, along some of the things that things each colour is thought to be healing for. This is all coming from things I've heard along the way, as well as from the lovely and wonderful charts I've included below [of course, there are many more colours out there, all with different meanings - these are just some of the common ones]. Also, along with most of the colours, I've included some of my daily inspiration for soaking in each colour - through food, and through seeing.
Also, you can easily not have enough, or be getting too much of each colour - meaning simply that you can become imbalanced if you focus all the time, let's say, on the colour red - but you can also be lacking in the qualities that the colour red can bring to your life, if you avoid red all together. Balance & moderation, as per usual, are key :)
*Please note: The chakras are very much associated with colours, but I wanted to keep this post not too terribly long. Perhaps in the future i'll talk about colour and the chakra system in our bodies (our energetic centres).
- Harmony & Balance in all ways
- Associated with wealth / affluence
- Beneficial for: the heart & lungs, also kidney problems
- Beneficial for: intestinal & digestive system, the nervous system
- Trustworthy & responsible
- Inner peace and serenity.
- Beneficial for: throat conditions, migraines, soothes the mind
Magenta / Pink
- Uplifts the spirit
- Beneficial for: nausea, vomiting, depression
- Communication & truth
- Invigorating yet calming
- General healing
- Beneficial for: fatigue, acne
- Strengthening & Stimulating
- Beneficial for: reproductive organs, also in can raise blood pressure
- Promotes confidence
- Social interaction
- Beneficial for: indigestion, joint pain, and for increasing immunity
Violet or Purple
- Purification & wellness
- Intuition & Spirituality
- Nobility & luxury
- Beneficial for: Very calming - good for mental & nerve imbalances, helping promote healthy sleeping patterns
- Beneficial for: hearing, sight & nerves.
- Purity, purification
- Beneficial for: purifying the mind
Some colourful meals:
Enjoy these colour charts below <3
What colours have you been craving in your life?
Have the best week friends - full of colour & life!