Thanks for your kind words about Amber, my friends.
Today has been lovely and sunny, full of yoga, laying on blankets, and fruit (so good, but so bad). Summer just brings so many delicious fruits: apricots, cherries, and berries are so hard for me to resist. Just before going outside I ate three little apricots, and a large handful of cherries. So far my tummy isn't too bad, but it was totally worth it. Sometimes, you just gotta have some sweet summer lovin'.
Speaking of fruit, how about some strawberry kanten?
1. Take one of these:
2. Rip it up into little pieces, and soak in cold water for an hour:
3. In the meantime, cut up some gorgeous strawberries, and place them in the bottom of a pan/dish:
4. After the agar has soaked for an hour, drain the water, and then use your fingers and squish the pieces, so that the excess water comes out.
5. Put them in a pan with 2 cups of pure apple juice (I think I used 1-1.5 cups, and water for the rest).
6. Bring to a boil, and then simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the agar is dissolved.
7. Pour the liquid over the strawberries, and let set (about 30 minutes in the fridge).
8. Enjoy your delicious feast:
Have a sweet and lovely weekend, full of sunshine. I'll post some more food pics, reviews, and recipes soon!